Last Updated: October 15, 2015
WHAT WE COLLECT
We receive and store information about you from multiple sources. Information You Give Us. We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, [payment method ], username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation) as well as other information you directly give us on our Site, including when you enter it while using our service, provide reviews or account settings, set preferences in your account, interact with our customer service, participate in surveys or marketing promotions or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere. Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you, your interactions with our service and our advertising, and your computer or other devices used to access our service. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, device IDs or unique identifiers, connection information, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site (referral URLs), statistics on page views, IP address, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. We also log your activity on the MoviePigs service, such as title selections, watch history, search queries, social interactions (such as following a film or talent, sharing a film, and sending a message to another subscriber), and details regarding your interactions with our customer service. Cookies. We may log information using “cookies,” web beacons and other technologies. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs. Information We Get From Others. We may supplement the information above with information about you from other sources (including both in-line and off-line sources). This information could include demographic data, interest based data, and Internet browsing behavior.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use this information for:
- determining your general geographic location, providing localized content, providing you with customized and personalized viewing recommendations for films and shows we think will be enjoyable, determining your Internet service provider and helping us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- preventing, detecting and investigating potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforcing our terms (such as determining free trial eligibility);
- analyzing and understanding our audience; improving our service (including our user interface experiences), delivery optimization, content selection, and recommendation algorithms;
- communicating with you concerning our service (for example by email, push notifications and text messaging), so that we can send you news about MoviePigs, details about new features and content available on MoviePigs, upcoming events, and special offers, promotional announcements and consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information for certain purposes and to third parties as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us. We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses. Whenever in the course of sharing information we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area and other regions with comprehensive data protection laws, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection. Your may also choose to disclose our information in the following ways:
- While using our service you will have opportunities to post reviews or other information publicly, and third parties could use the information you disclose;
- Certain portions of our service may contain a tool which gives you the option to share information by email, text message and social or other sharing applications, using the clients and applications on your smart device;
ACCESS TO YOUR ACCOUNT AND PROFILES
If you share or otherwise allow others to have access to your account, they will be able to see your information , including in some cases personal information, such as your watch history, ratings, reviews, and account information (including your email address or other information in Your Account). This remains true even if you use our profiles feature.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you. You may send requests about personal information as provided in “Contact Information” below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information. You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
We believe we use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and medication. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
You must be 18 years of age or older to subscribe to our service. In certain jurisdiction, the age of majority may be older than 18, in which case, you must satisfy that age in order to become a member. While individuals under the age of 18 may utilize the service, they may do so only with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian.